Frederick Bakewell – Image Telegraph Inventor
Table of Contents
It was an improvement on Alexander Bain’s system, replacing the pendulums with synchronized rotating cylinders.
With the image telegraph, the system used a metal stylus with a screw thread traveling across the cylinder as it turned. At the receiver, a similar stylus marked chemically impregnated paper with electric current.
Frederick Bakwell Ancestry Information
- Alexander Bain – Experimental Fax Machine between 1843 and 1846
- Arthur Korn – Developed Fax Machine for Transmitting Photographs
- Edouard Belin – Inventor of the Bélinographe
- Frederick Bakewell – Improved Bain’s Facsimile Machine
- Giovanni Caselli – Inventor of the Pantelegraph. Sent images 800km across telegraph wires 9 years before Alexander Graham Bell’s Telephone Patent
- Herbert E. Ives – Sent first color fax
- Richard H. Ranger – Invented first Transatlantic Radio Fax
- Rudolf Hell – Invented the Hellschreiber
- Shelford Bidwell – Research in the field of “Telephotography”