We’ve put together a guide to finding a place where you can send a fax.
Whenever sending a fax to a location that you don’t have control over, it’s always important to ask questions about confidentiality and security.
The simplest way to send a fax when you don’t have a fax machine is to use an online fax service. An online fax service will let you fax directly from your computer to a fax machine, without having to connect through a phone line or set up equipment.
We have a full guide on selecting an online fax service located in our online faxing section.
Faxing with a computer
A computer (along with a fax modem and phone line) can also be used as a fax machine.
Instructions vary by type of computer and operating system.
For more on faxing with a computer, see our page on how to fax from a computer.
UPS / FedEx Stores / Kinkos / Print & Copy Stores
Most Copy and Print Shops, as well as mailing locations, will have a fax service. Call ahead or check the website to look to see if the service is available.
Hotels, Hostels, & Travel Bureaus
If you are traveling, often the hotel or hostel that you are staying at will have fax facilities or be able to direct you to a place that will, or travel and tourist bureaus usually have the same information.
Libraries, post offices, convenience stores, and drug stores
Many libraries have a fax machine available for public use. In some areas only the larger more central libraries have fax services available.
Post offices generally do not offer an “official” fax service (through a branded post office service), however many of the independently run outlets offer fax as a side service.
Some drug stores and convenience stores will offer a fax service, however these days these are found less frequently (more often they are found in in rural communities or regions without any other fax service).
Friends and Family
Typically someone in your extended circle of friends will have a fax machine you can use. Call around or use social media to see who might have the equipment.
More How To Fax Resources:
- How to Fax From a Computer – How To’s and Instructions for Faxing from a Computer
- Windows 7 Fax – How to setup and operate faxing on Windows 7
- Windows XP Fax – How to setup and operate faxing on Windows XP
- How to Fix a Paper Jam in a Fax Machine – Prevention and Maintenance for Paper Jams
- How to Fax Internationally – International Dialing Codes and Calling Methods
- How to Get a Fax Number – Finding Fax Numbers for Local and Toll Free Services
- How to Send a Fax – Methods for Faxing, from Online and Internet Faxing to Fax Machines and Computer Faxing
- How to Use a Fax Machine – Including Configuration, Sending, Receiving, and Troubleshooting
- Where Can I Send a Fax? – How to Find Places and Methods that Can Send Faxes