We’ve put together a guide to finding a place where you can send a fax.
Whenever sending a fax to a location that you don’t have control over, it’s always important to ask questions about confidentiality and security.
The simplest way to send a fax when you don’t have a fax machine is to use an online fax service. An online fax service will let you fax directly from your computer to a fax machine, without having to connect through a phone line or set up equipment.
We have a full guide on selecting an online fax service located in our online faxing section.
If you need to use a fax machine, then there are some places you can typically check:
UPS / FedEx Stores / Kinkos / Print & Copy Stores
Most Copy and Print Shops, as well as mailing locations, will have a fax service. Call ahead or check the website to look to see if the service is available.
Rates: Expect to pay $3-6 for the first page, and $1-2 for each extra page to send a local fax. Long distance and international rates will be extra.
Business centers, coworking spaces, and internet cafes
Many of these locations have a small copy/print area. Sometimes they are reserved for “members,” other times they are open to the public.
Rates: Expect to page close to the same rate as a copy center (if not more). Membership at a co-working space may start at $50 a month.
Hotels, Hostels, RV parks, Convention Centers, & Travel Bureaus (anything travel related)
If you are traveling, often the hotel or hostel that you are staying at will have fax facilities or be able to direct you to a place that will, or travel and tourist bureaus usually have the same information.
Rates: Expect to pay a bit more than a copy/print shop.
The trucking industry relies heavily on fax. Most truck stops will have a fax (many list it publicly) and are often open 24 hours of the day. Many times they are sending and receiving large faxes on behalf of drivers.
Rates: Expect to pay $2-3 for the first page and $1 for every extra page. Rates will be more for long distance and international faxes.
Friends and Family
Typically someone in your extended circle of friends will have a fax machine you can use. Call around or use social media to see who might have the equipment.
- How to Fax From a Computer – How To’s and Instructions for Faxing from a Computer
- Windows 7 Fax – How to setup and operate faxing on Windows 7
- Windows XP Fax – How to setup and operate faxing on Windows XP
- How to Fix a Paper Jam in a Fax Machine – Prevention and Maintenance for Paper Jams
- How to Fax Internationally – International Dialing Codes and Calling Methods
- How to Get a Fax Number – Finding Fax Numbers for Local and Toll-Free Services
- How to Send a Fax – Methods for Faxing, from Online and Internet Faxing to Fax Machines and Computer Faxing
- How to Use a Fax Machine – Including Configuration, Sending, Receiving, and Troubleshooting
- Where Can I Send a Fax? – How to Find Places and Methods that Can Send Faxes